“Are the getting ready photos that important?”
I get asked this question more often than any other questions when working with my couples and building their timeline for the day with them. This is something most couples feel like they can skip but I honestly feel, in my professional experience, that my answer is always a ‘Yes, you should have them!’
COMMON CONCERNS COUPLES WHO ARE ELOPING HAVE WITH GETTING READY PHOTOS:
- It feels weird, possibly slightly intrusive, to have someone with you both as you are getting ready.
- Yes, there is a chance I will see you pants-less or see your boobs. (More reasons to feel comfy with your photographer. Wink.)
- It seems like the only thing happening is you are putting on clothes and some makeup or small details. But trust me, it’s more than that.
- Wanting to take those minutes and just use it towards adventure, I mean that’s why you are eloping right?
HERE’S MY CASE FOR GETTING READY PHOTOS DURING YOUR ADVENTURE WEDDING:
- Think of the future and what these photos represent. I know it seems pointless, but when it’s happening you’ll realize that those moments are moments that in 20 years you’ll want to look back on.
- There are a lot of emotions, nerves, excitement that go on during those moments. It’s the last few moments before your lives enter into a new chapter and those emotions will rise to the surface.
- If you and your partner are getting ready together, having those photos of you helping each other are so intimate and a beautiful look into your relationship.
- If you are getting ready separate and having a First Look, then you can share what it felt like and your partner can see something afterwards that they weren’t present for.
- It also sets the scene of your story, its the beginning of the day which is setting you up for the rest of the day that follows. When you order your album, having your story start in the middle of your ceremony doesn’t tell the story of your experience accurately.
Your elopement day is super special and I really try to honor your entire story because when it’s all said and done, though I help with a million other things, my main job is to preserve your day for you. Your elopement will be 100% unique to the next persons and the getting ready portion sets the stage for that. So, of course I will do what you wish, but I would hate it if I didn’t at least mention this and then in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years when you’re sharing your story with people you love to wish you had photos of what you both were feeling and doing getting ready to set out on this great journey (of the day and metaphorically).
So, take the time to capture those moments, you won’t regret it later.
ARE YOU PLANNING AN ELOPEMENT IN OURAY? LET ME HELP! FEEL FREE TO FILL OUT THE INFO ON MY CONTACT PAGE SO WE CAN GET PLANNING! AND FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG POST ON 3 REASONS TO HAVE A FIRST LOOK FOR YOUR ELOPEMENT.